The Iraqi center for women rehabilitation & Employment is
non governmental and non- political .non profit organization.
It has the license number from the secoratraite for the council of ministries NGO directorate.
This center has established in 20/6/2004, our registration certificate with the No. (1z14850) the number of the members is 5000 member from all the Iraqi governorates.
The number of the beneficiaries from our programs arrive to one 700000directly and millions through the radio and television programs.
The center’s message:
Our message is to Empower women economically and culturally through the increasing of their knowledge horizons in a way that can serve their cases and guarantee their rights, develop their abilities, enable them to build a democratic society that equals between the chances for the two genders and empty from any kind of violence.
This will be done through the training courses and workshops and conferences that have useful results for women and their society, or through all the media ways and also by using different kinds of arts in order to be arrived to all women in a very easy way.
We are taking care of developing the cultural handicrafts in all over Iraq since it is the history and civilization of Iraq and its message to the world, and also it is considered as an economical income to defeat poverty and provide economical income for the poor women.
We are helping the widows and orphan children either directly by giving them money or indirect by making them participating in training courses to build their abilities in order to start their small projects.
We work on national reconciliation ,conflict resolution ,peace building either through our Branches in (Deyala, Erbile, Kirkuik) or through our coordinators in all Iraqi governorates.
We Establish the young ladies peace maker council in Kirkuik which is now for all Iraq.
Also we establish the Iraqi Peace Net which is of 40 organization (40) see last activity before past election in Activity Icon English version on this website .
The center’s vision:
Our vision is arriving to a democratic society that respects the women's rights and equals between the chances of the two genders.
The targeted slices:
The relationship between man and woman should build on the basics of the actual participating between them faraway from the generic differentiating and all kinds of violence and take care of her cases since she is the foundation of each society.
This will be done through scientific programs and procedures that are aware of the needs of the Iraqi society.
Our offices in:
- Rural women.
- Baghdad (Head Quarter)
- Deyala .
Empowerment & Rehabilitating:
The concept of rehabilitating according to the vision of our center:
First of all it is a building and developing procedure, then it is a scientific procedure to arrive to the final result which will be either cultural or material as an economical income. It is considered the foundation in the social freedom of women because we do not want to be far from the real society and its social reflects. So we decided to classify the rehabilitating to reach our aims perfectly as the following:
1- The cultural and intellective rehabilitating:
a- Rehabilitating women to share in the power bodyworks and make the decisions:
This will be done through making courses and discussing episodes or through TV or radio programs and internet and involve women in the conferences to enable her to use the culture implements as an interactive implement to achieve all the material aims.
It consists of the following hubs:
b- Rehabilitate women in the social field:
- Rehabilitating women to share in making decisions in the political organizations and administrative bodyworks and in the general establishments to make their participation 50% at least with the coming of 2008.
- Rehabilitate women to participate in the private work that brings private income for her in order to increase the affect of woman in making decisions.
- Arrive to social and general affordance of the equality of women and men’s roles in the professional and social and political life.
C- Rehabilitating women in the educational field:
- Respect the children’s rights especially those which are mentioned in the international agreements.
- Canceling and stopping different kinds of the violence against women and make a punishments for those who break these rules to keep the women’s dignity.
- Enhancing the women’s position in the society and developing the mind constructions and make the woman get her chances equally with man.
- Finding the way of getting the permanent ways to live to get rid of the poverty and homelessness which affect great number of women.
D- Health rehabilitation:
- Providing basic education as a basis and providing learning opportunities between the two sexes.
- 2- Improve the quality of public education, especially in the initial stages, with a focus on directing girls towards the cores of leadership in the future and by taking distance from implementing discrimination between the two sexes.
- 3- Eliminating of discrimination by ending standardized stereotypes about gender roles in the educational curricula, textbooks and training programs.
- Ensuring women’s access to equal opportunities for the preparation of professional and vocational training by continuing to develop the skills of economic returns in the future.
- Strengthening the role of women in decision-making in the educational sector and assessing the development of knowledge related to this sector.
- Promoting literacy programs and adult education, especially in the villages.
E- Environmental rehabilitation:
- Creating public awareness as a result preliminary guidance programs relating to the issues of health and lives of women in particular.
- Development and dissemination of preventive health programs for women.
- Making women aware about the importance of health for the family.
- Awareness in the area of mental health.
F- Rehabilitation of Information:
- Making women aware about risks endangering the environment.
- Making women contribute to end the environmental degradation in Iraq.
- To activate the role of women in the unassailable management of the environment as well as the management of natural resource in order to ensure sustainable development.
2- Economic rehabilitation
- Women's access to various levels of decision-making positions in the media.
- Changing the negative stereotypes of women to a positive an multilateral view in the various aspects of media.
- Activate the role of women in the media.
- Increase the percentage of women's involvement in economic activities and thus permit a better standard of living for the woman and her family, positioning the woman to play a vital role in the process of human development, and ensure indiscrimination in employment and in the various fields (Gender), and the formation of committees to monitor and follow up in the ministries.
- Empowering women to strengthen their capacity and self-esteem through their contribution to the economic life and by achieving decision-making positions.
- Encourage and support women to achieve promotions in their professional work, particularly in the middle and upper levels.
- Empowering women to work in the private sector as business women.
- Developing the skills of business women (negotiation, communication and public relations and how to attain offers).
- The development of women leaders, especially young women, in the area of small projects, by holding special courses.
- The employment of women in government institutions and private companies.
- Support for women in the field of establishing small projects.
How do we achieve our goals?
Through eleven committees and they are:
- Social Committee
- Cultural Committee
- Health Committee
- Media Committee
- Committee for rehabilitating businesswomen
- Art Committee
- Youth Committee
- Committee for female villagers
- Finance Committee
- Relations Committee
- Projects Committee
The administrative structure
The administrative structure or administration board consists of five persons who have the characteristics of leadership as well as decision-making capacity. This qualifies them to develop the centre’s long and short-term strategies. They also have contact with the Executive Director in order to be aware of the performances as well as the limitations and how to overcome them. The administrative board convenes once a month and sometimes less, according to the requirements of work.
- Our unity regarding the Personal Status law" Campaign which included the preparation and distribution of a booklet ( why Personal Law is important ) + radio program + regional conference + establishment of an( Reach network) which suggested changes to amend Article (41) of the Constitution.
- Let us unite to stop the bloodshed" Campaign, containing two regional conferences + 8 workshops in Iraqi ministries implemented by the Iraqi Centre. The projects were part of the Civil Alliance of Free Elections.
- "Constitution for all" Campaign (30 workshop covering all Iraqi ministries) also implemented by the Iraqi Centre. The projects were part of the Civil Alliance of Free Elections.
- "Because it is important" Campaign 25 workshops for poorer regions and ministries (referendum on the constitution) + regional conference.
- Second election also carried out by the Iraqi Centre. Projects were part of the Civil Alliance of Free Elections which is of more than 50 awareness workshops .
- Establishment of Iraqi Peace Net consisting of 40 organizations active in all various fields regarding peace Building process in our country and covering all of Iraq.
- Establishment of (Reach net)work, consisting of 20 women's organization working to achieve decision-making positions and to influence public policies regarding women's rights and issues.
- Founding of a Psychological counsel Section for women in the centre.
- Founding of a Legal counsel Section for women in the centre.
- Economic Development counsel Section in the centre.
- 500 women Graduate from our center as leadership women.
- More than 100 workshop on different sectors of Management ,time ,human resource ,financial ( for NGOS & individuals) .
- 600 business women Graduate from business women capacity building .
- 300 Entrepreneurs Graduate from capacity building workshops in economic sector .
- 1500 youth Empowered (women & men Graduate from as peace builders ) .
- 100 trainers in conflict resolution were empowered.
Note : see our achievements table in Achieve Icon.
About our Programs
- Annual work program with conferences, workshops, project weeks and TV and radio programs on national reconciliation and the elimination of sectarianism, instead contributing to build the peace process.
- Programs on constitutional amendments, including (human and women’s rights - "Personal Status Law").
- In addition to economic rehabilitation program (AFHAM) for young artists studying as senior students at the Academy of Arts, Heritage House and the Institute of Fine Arts. The program focus on the concept of small projects and how to set them up and to succeed in them.
- Women participation in political.
- As part of our new strategy IDPS situation & priorities program specially returnees .
- Widows non marriage women ,divorces Employment & psychological sector
- Legal consultancy program .
- Leadership capacity Building .